The Association of Commercial Television (AKTV) was formed in 2017 as an association of terrestrial television broadcasting operators with the goal of defending, supporting and promoting the common interests of commercial broadcasters in the Czech Republic. The founding members of the Association are the Nova, Prima and Óčko television networks.
The Association of Commercial Television:
- Initiates the making of laws relevant for commercial television broadcasting and in this respect is a partner and a consultation hub in relation to government authorities.
- Actively oversees the observance of copyrights that apply to television broadcasters.
- Defends and promotes the shared interests of its members in the fields of commercial television broadcasting, protection of personal data and self-regulation with regard to commercial messages.
- Participates actively in setting up an operational self-regulatory or co-regulatory system in the key areas that influence television broadcasting on the territory of the Czech Republic and the European Union.
- Educates, develops and cultivates the Czech television market through research and shared communication activities.
|TV Nova s.r.o.||FTV Prima spol. s r.o.||Stanice O a.s.|
Jan Vlček, Chief Executive and Sales Director, TV Nova s.r.o.
- The Regulatory & Legal Affairs Group provides consultation on the legal regulations with a view to maintaining the long-term sustainability and development of commercial TV broadcasting in the Czech Republic.
- The Technology Group is in charge of implementing new technologies within a single technical standard and setting up communication between the commercial TV industry and standardisation authorities.
- The Tax & Accounting Group shares the best accounting and tax practices, in particular with regard to the specificities of commercial TV broadcasting.
- The Self-Regulation Group focuses on self-regulation and co-regulation in commercial television broadcasting and related areas.
- The Marketing & Research Group aims to enhance education towards supporting and developing the potential of TV broadcasting as a media type.
|Association of commercial television (ACT)||EGTA||The Global TV Group|